Clams are the kind of seafood which you can either love or hate. For those who love clams know that the best way of cooking them is to cook them in the simplest of ways. Given below is a simple clam recipe that you can try.
- Butter —- 3 tbsp
- Cloves of fresh garlic (minced) —- 3
- White wine (dry) —- ½ cup
- Clams (rinsed and cleaned) —- 2 pounds
- Fresh parsley (chopped) —- 3 tbsp
- Lemon wedges for garnishing
Method to Be Followed
- Take a pot and melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the melted butter and cook until it starts to give out the aroma but does not get burnt.
- Now, add wine to the pot and increase the heat till the wine is boiling.
- Add the clams to the boiling wine and cook them for 5-7 minutes with the cover on.
- Stir the clams occasionally until they have opened. If there are some that have not yet opened then they have to be discarded.
- Now sprinkle the parsley on top of the broth and stir them.
- Take a large serving bowl and transfer the contents of the pot into it.
- Place the lemon wedges beside it and serve it hot.
This clam dish is a wonderful appetizer and you can consider serving some crusty bread with the broth. If you want to turn it into a meal you can serve some spaghetti cooked ‘al dente’ and a glass of cool white wine with this dish.