Lobsters are delicacies and favorites with seafood lovers. The yummiest and meatiest part of the lobster is the tail. When you buy the lobster tail make sure you buy the cold water tails as they are tastier. If you want to buy lobster tails make sure they are fresh because the fresher they are the more succulent they will be.
Even if you buy frozen lobster tails, buy them from the fish market instead of the supermarket. Just remember that if the tail meat is grey in color or has black spots on them, it means that they are not good. So steer clear from those kinds of lobster tails.
You should defrost the lobster tails if you have bought frozen ones before cooking them. The frozen tails can be defrosted by placing them in cold water or the refrigerator for eight to 10 hours or you can also defrost them in the microwave. If you defrost them in the microwave be sure not to cook them. You can cook lobster tails in various ways. If you are looking to serve a lobster tails treat then here are a few techniques you can follow.
Boiled lobster tails
• Take a saucepan and fill it with salted water (one teaspoon salt for each liter)
• Boil the water and drop in the lobster tails
• Boil the tails for a minute per ounce of the total weight. Therefore, if you have five ounces of lobster tails, cook for five minutes
• After boiling, drain and serve with lemon juice and butter or mayonnaise
Baked lobster tails
• First, preheat the oven to about 200ºC (400ºF)
• Then, take a sturdy knife or kitchen scissors and split the soft shell into half by length
• Place the tail on a tray that is oven friendly and brush them well with melted butter
• Bake these lobster tails in the oven for about eight to ten minutes
• Serve piping hot with lemon wedges melted butter or mayo
Steamed lobster tails
• Take a pan and pour a cup of water in it and then put salt
• Boil this water
• Then take wooden skewers and insert them lengthwise in every tail so that the lobster tails don’t curl up
• Put these tails on a steaming rack inside the pan and cover the pan properly
• Steam for about seven to eight minutes and serve hot
Lobster tails can be prepared healthily without using too much of oil or butter and they taste delicious no matter how they are cooked.