When it comes to non-vegetarian foods, chicken is the first thing that people think of. With all the good tastes and nutrition facts, chicken items are one of the most popular foods throughout the world. Unlike seafood and other non-vegetarian dishes, various kinds of chicken dishes can be prepared quite easily and almost daily. You do not have to wait for weekends and special occasions to devour chicken dishes, because they are easily available and the recipes are also easily accessible.
You must have tried different chicken dishes at your home and restaurants. Have you tasted Drunken Chicken in Shaoxing Wine? If you have not, this is a fabulous chicken dish and addition of shaoxing wine makes it the ultimate.
The Drunken Chicken in Shaoxing Wine is quite popular and easy to find in the Shanghainese restaurants. For tender and firm dish, make sure to put the chicken in ice water after making it. Though the recipe is very easy but one must sheer the chicken in the soup and store for around 6 hours, or overnight, in the fridge. This allows chicken to absorb the essence. Another important thing that you must know is that this dish is served chilled.
Drunken Chicken in Shaoxing Wine
• Chicken wings of medium size, 8
• Wolfberries, 1 tsp (Steep in water for 5 minutes and drain dry)
• Shaoxing wine, 1/3 cup
• Chicken stock, 1 cup
• Sugar, 1/4 tsp
• Fish sauce, 1/4 cup
• Salt, 1/2 tsp
• 2 cups of ice water and some extra ice
• Salt, 1 tsp
For Boiling Chicken
• Spring onions, 2 springs
• Ginger, 3 to 4 slices
• Water, 1.5 litres
• At first, thaw (if necessary), wash and then drain dry the wings of chicken. Now, marinade chicken with salt for around 1/2 hour
• Take a pot and mix in chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar, salt and wolfberries. Bring it to a simmer. Blend them properly to ensure that sugar and salt are properly liquefied. Take away from heat and allow it to cool. Mix well the wine
• Crush the slices of spring onions and ginger a little bit and place them along with 1.5 litres of water, in a pot. Bring it to the boil
• Put the wings of chicken one by one into the boiling water. Cover the pot. Keep cooking until the time water comes to boiling point. Lower the heat and continue to boil for almost one minute. Let the chicken wings remain in hot water for around 30 minutes
• Keep the ice and ice water ready. Take away the chicken wings from hot water and place them in the ice water for 10 minutes. They are cool in 10 minutes
• Now, you have drain dry the wings of chicken. Put them in a big bowl or a bottle and ensure that soup cover the wings fully. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place the bowl in the fridge overnight before serving.
So, the dish Drunken Chicken in Shaoxing Wine is ready. Enjoy the delicious delicacy with your loved ones this winter.