Are you planning for seafood dinner this weekend? You must be looking forward to prepare delicious lobster dinner and present it before your guests in best manner. You should know that serving only lobster dish is not enough; you must include some equally appetising side dishes to the lobster dinner menu.
Delicious borscht sausage and tabouleh salad are two different varieties to add to the taste of lobster dinner.
Borscht, basically a vegetable dish, is not very popular in America but the classic dish from Eastern Europe is incredibly delicious and a great way to consume lots of vegetables. Generally, people think of Borscht as a cold, tasteless and chewy soup served cold, but this is not the rule. It can also be served hot and if cooked properly, it acquires smooth texture and awesome taste.
Here is the recipe for Borscht Sausage
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Thinly sliced red onion, 1, large
- Loose spicy pork sausage meat, 1 pound
- Fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon
- Dill seeds. ½ teaspoon
- Beef stock, 1 quart
- Drained beets cans, 3 of 15-ounce
- Ground black pepper and salt
- Fresh dill, chopped, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until it starts to brown. Mix in the sausage and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Now, add the fennel and dill seeds and continue to cook for 30 seconds more. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- While the stock heats, grate the beets in a food processor attached with large grating equipment. In a pan, add the beets and any liquid in processor, cook for 5 minutes. After that, you can season with salt and pepper. Place into the bowls and top it up with dill and sour cream.
Now, tabouleh salad is another important side dish that can be added to your lobster dinner menu.
Here is the recipe for Tabouleh Salad
- Burghul or cracked wheat, ¼ to ½ cup
- Flat leaf parsley, 2 bunches
- Spring onions, 1 bunch
- Mint, 1 bunch
- Large-sized tomatoes, 2
- Lemon juice, 2 tbs
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Take a bowl or jug, add burghul wheat and pour water up to half an inch and leave for an hour to completely absorb the water. In case the time is less, add hot water.
- Now, wrap the parsley in a tea-towel after thoroughly washing them. Dry the herbs
- Finely shred the spring onions and mint. Place them into a bowl
- Slice the tomato, remove seeds and watery parts, if possible
- Roughly chop the parsley and place one bunch into the food processor and blitz until leaves are finely chopped. Do the same with next bunch
- If the burghul is ready, place it in a bowl and give it a good squeeze.
- Place the parsley into a bowl and use lemon juice olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning
- Mix well and immediately serve
You can include several other side dishes to your lobster dinner menu.