According to some medical bulletins, eating two or three servings of fish each week is one of the best ways to stay healthy and ward off certain types of diseases and illnesses. Salmon is one of the most nutritious varieties of fish that you can add to your diet. They are rich in iron, niacin, vitamin B12, zinc and vitamin B6, in addition to a host of nutrients you require for maintaining good health.
So, if you are considering giving salmon a try, go for wild-caught, clean and freshwater salmon only, as they are harvested through sensible fisheries management. However, it is not easy to find wild salmon, as market today is dominated by artificial salmon. You can visit some online stores, as chances of you catching some wild salmon are high on these stores.
Salmon makes a host of delicacies that are cooked in different ways. Here is salmon dish that you could prepare in your home effortlessly. To help you cook delicious salmon dish with greater ease in your home, recipe is also being presented along with the dish.
Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Remoulade Recipe
- Cut and peeled avocados, 2, large
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, 3 tbsp
- Light olive oil, 3-4 tbsp
- Minced shallots or green onion, 1 tbsp
- Minced parsley, 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salmon fillets, 1 – 1 ½ pounds
- Grape-seed or canola oil
- Into a food processor or blender, add pieces of avocado and lime juice. Pulse the mixture until properly blended. Now, add olive oil, keep pulsing until the desired consistency of sauce is achieved. After that, you need to add minced shallots and parsley, and combine them well by continuing to pulse. Remove the sauce to a bowl and add mustard, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Now, take a sauté pan and coat its bottom with oil, put it on medium high heat until it’s almost smoking. Season each side of salmon fillets with salt and pepper and carefully place the salmon into the pan by keeping the skin side down. Continue to cook until the medium doneness is achieved, it will take about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- And now, serve the salmon with avocado remoulade sauce.
There are several other salmon dishes that you can try cooking in your home.