Cakes on birthday symbolize a perfect celebration and remain the most essential ingredient during the entire occasion. The birthday party is not complete in the absence of a yummy cake, does not matter if you are a kid or grown up man, cakes are for one and all to enjoy the celebratory mood. It’s said that to bring uniqueness into the party, bring an equally exceptional cake to cut on the table.
Different types of birthday cakes are there, flavor depends largely upon the ingredients used while preparing the cake. The taste varies according to the generations of people who are there in the party. For kids, chocolate cakes are preferable whereas grownups might not fancy it. Beside everything, decoration is also vital ingredient to add spice into the cake cutting mood.
Over the past years, the conventional flavors have bid adieu paving way for new delicacies to get tasted. One of such kind of cakes that is found quite frequently on the birthday parties is crab cakes. It needs certain ingredients and abiding by the preparation method you can have a true delight on the cake table.
- Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- Seafood seasoning like Old Bay 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce 1 dash
- Green onions (scallions), white and green parts, finely chopped 2
- Jumbo lump crabmeat 2 pounds
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped 1
- Large egg yolks 2
- Fresh breadcrumbs 6 cups
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolks, seafood seasoning, cayenne, bell peppers, green onions together
- Blend it with crab meat
- Keep the breadcrumbs on a sheet
- Shape the crab cake using one hand and gently stroke cake and breadcrumbs together by other hand.
- Shape 10 cakes with 3 inches in width and 1/2-inch thick. Use 3/4 cup bread crumbs for each cake
- Put 4 cups of oil to heat over medium-high flame
- Put a single piece into the frying oil and turn and flip it over each side for 3 to 4 times, 5 minutes would be sufficient for a crispy crab cake
- Repeat the procedure with remaining pieces
- Serve while hot
These are perfect to replace your normal birthday cake with crab cake as the conventional ones are mundane and outdated, try something of a new flavor on the upcoming birthday of yours.